Pets News

Dog nearly dies after ingesting mask

Doggone it, pick up your PPE.
Gibbs, a 3-year-old Miniature Schnauzer recovering at the Animal Rescue League of Boston, nearly died from ingesting a mask.
Little Gibbs underwent emergency surgery after he and two other dogs were seized by police when they were found living in squalor at a Dracut home. Their owner, Jonathan Garrity, 37, was arrested on July 24 and charged with three counts of animal cruelty, Dracut police said.
After swallowing the mask, Gibbs showed signs of gastrointestinal discomfort, including diarrhea and vomiting, League spokesman Mike DeFina said. An X-ray showed the mask, including a metal nose piece, in his stomach.
“Luckily, he’s doing really well,” DeFina said. “He has a really good energy level, and he’s playful outdoors. The surgery really did save his life.”
DeFina added: “We don’t know where he ingested the mask, but it was an opportunity to remind people to dispose of this stuff properly. We don’t want to see any animal hurt or even killed from someone being careless.”
BOSTON MA. – AUGUST 5: Animal Rescue League perfo
Read More

Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button