30 Silly Relationship Rules All Forever Couples Should Follow
Couples from Ask Reddit have some advice you should follow.
1. We eat together. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, whatever. Food is a couple thing.
2. If one of us is ready to leave an event or an outing, then the other one goes along with it regardless of how involved they are.
3. Never never complain to a family member about our spouse. Never!
4. No matter how busy we may be, there’s always time for a hug, and maybe more.
5. If one of you runs out of TP and yells out, the other has to drop what they’re doing and come to the rescue.
6. If the cat is on your lap, you can ask your partner to do or get stuff for you, no questions asked.
7. We tell each other where we are going even if it’s trivial! A quick text can prevent a lot of suspicions and the best part is we do it without even talking about it.
8. If the other person isn’t in the mood, the subject is dropped and no one gets mad.
9. We always hold each other’s hands when walking, or in the car.
10. We don’t eat each other’s snacks unless specifically allowed.
11. Don’t watch “our” show without me.
12. If you are bent over for any reason, you are gonna get your butt touched.
13. Close the door when pooping.
14. We always take a moment to thank each other for providing the meals.
15. We ask each other before eating or drinking the last of something. We usually end up sharing whatever the last of something was.
16. Always come to the door to welcome the other with a kiss and a huge hug.
17. We don’t shout at each other, no matter how angry we get.
18. We do not spend any amount over $50 without first at least mentioning it.
19. He doesn’t talk to me when I’m in the bathroom, and vice versa.
20. If one of us has candy, we always share.
21. If one of us says something loving and weird, the other responds in kind
22. Don’t leave without saying goodbye, I love you, and at a minimum blowing a kiss to each other.
23. If you are making a brew for yourself, you are making it for the whole house.
24. If one person is out getting groceries and wants a snack or drink, be considerate and get something for the other person as well.
25. Never smoke weed without the other.
26. Don’t eat each other’s chocolate.
27. Oral sex does not happen unless you have recently had a shower.
28. No insults when we argue or fight, or statements that we will regret later after cooling down.
29. Say I love you CONSTANTLY, like dozens of times a day. Whenever we’re going to sleep, or one of us leaves the house without the other, always have it be the last thing we say, even if we’re pissed off or in a cranky mood.
30. That we will always try our best not to project our own bad feelings onto each other. Instead, we ask directly if we need something.